Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Maryland

Although we lived in Pennsylvania a couple decades ago, we had never visited the southwestern part of the state. So...when my nephew began dating a girl from that area, (actually she is from just south of the border) I hoped maybe we would get to go someday. And all because two people grew to love each other, we got to go this scenic place.

 
Here is the happy couple the morning of the wedding. Since the wedding was in the evening, we had the whole day before us. We spent a little time at Megan's house, getting to know her parents and touring the farmyard. The evening before Megan's grandpa had told me my great-great grandfather had once owned part of what is now their farm. Although no one knows for certain, it is not impossible that he built the barn.


Can you read "1807?"


Noah visiting with Megan's dad.



The milk truck arrives to pick up the milk.


 
The crops were lush and green.




The terrain varies much. We enjoyed the various views from their farm.



I think that is the city of Grantsville in the center.


Andrew thought it might be necessary to do a yield check.



We had agreed to meet our Ohio offspring at the Penn Alps restaurant.


After our enjoyable meal, we spent some time in the Spruce Forest Historical Village.





I enjoyed seeing the log schoolroom.


This house was built by my great-great grandfather, Benedict Miller, in 1833. It was moved to the village a few years ago and restored.



I want to upload more pictures, but blogger is not letting me, so maybe I can pick this up in a day or two and go from there.






No comments:

Post a Comment