Sunday, December 22, 2013

Star Tricks

 
A couple weeks before Thanksgiving I had a few spare hours and decided to start a quilt I had been collecting fabric for. But when I realized I had forgotten background fabric, I nixed that idea. Still wanting to sew, I paged through the book to find another pattern I have been wanting to do. I went through my stash and found suitable fabric. Impulsively (which is unlike me) I started to cut, even though I knew I had no black. When I checked with a local Amish store, their fabrics were all poly/cotton blends. I decided to hold out for a Joanne's visit. I sewed what I could, and then laid it aside in lieu of Thanksgiving orders to fill. And then Bonnie Hunter's mystery started, and the star again got pushed aside. However, yesterday I decided I would finish the star before I did clue #4.
 
 
 
And this is the result of that decision. I still want to add borders around this, and then add to that to make a full size/queen size quilt. But that will wait until after Christmas. I have family to host and orders to fill for the next few days.
 
I have also been on a candy making blitz. A local bank asked me to make six kinds of candy for a total of 27 dozen. When I delivered that, they promptly ordered 18 dozen more. I never wanted to do candy, but I have enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Nicole helped me make the ten dozen peanut butter balls, which I really appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carol this pattern looks familiar! ;) Blessings to you this Christmas Season.

    ReplyDelete